Saturday, August 23, 2008

Facebook Disabled My Account

23rd August 2008 - Can you believe it?!!??!! My Facebook account got disabled while I was playing the application Premier Football. I was posting up a link to a cup challenge I created on the application and voila!! Facebook thought I was spamming. Maybe I was posting up things so fast, that the Facebook bots thought I was an automated system posting up Craps!!.

Well, this is what I did to try to get my account reactivated.
I emailed these addresses in the hope to get someone from Facebook to reactivate me.

disabled@facebook.com
warning@facebook.com
privacy+d6wd62y@facebook.com
appeals+ngq0zsr@facebook.com

12 hours later, still no response. I suppose being it a Saturday here in Sydney and a late Friday night over at the States didn't help either.
I shall post up any updates on this matter.

I did a little research after all the emails and found out that there was a lot of innocent users who had and has the same problem I'm facing. Overall, they all did a small thing that caused the bots on Facebook to think that they were spamming. If this is the case, why don't Facebook just fix their system and make everyone happy by stopping this nonsense. I have important contents (pictures), contacts (business and pleasure), business pages and groups that I need to access back to continue with my much complicated life, as anyone would. This is just plain sick and silly. Facebook is a great if not the greatest resource any online site has, but it has the toughest and strictest terms and conditions in the whole world. Chill out Facebook! Hehe.

1 comment:

  1. Update on this:
    After a long weekend, Facebook finally came back to me with a reply. Sure indeed I got reinstated and they gave me this to elaborate on what happened:

    "Your account was disabled because you took repeated actions that could be construed as spam. For instance, it is a violation of Facebook's Terms of Use to repeatedly send the same message or to make the same post. Facebook prides itself in protecting users from spam, and we take this standard very seriously.

    However, after reviewing your situation, we have reactivated your account, and you should now be able to log in. Please refrain from sending the same message or repeating the same post, as further violations of our Terms will result in your account being permanently disabled.

    Please also be aware that when a warning message appears on your home page, it will generally be displayed for 24 hours. It can be displayed for longer, however, if you continue to perform these actions. We appreciate your cooperation going forward.

    Thanks for your understanding"


    Hahahah, nice one from them. Well

    ReplyDelete

Bookmark and Share